Ingredients + Instructions
- 1/2 Cup of Cashew Nuts
- 1 Cup of Gluten Free Oats
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- 4 tbsp. Raw Cacao Powder
- 6 tbsp. agave or maple syrup (I use agave)
- A pinch of salt
- 50g of Raw Cacao Powder
- 100g Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp. Agave syrup
- To make the truffle filling: Place the cashew nuts into a food processor and process until a butter-like texture is formed. This may take 4/5 minutes.
- Add the drained chickpeas, oats, cacao and agave and process. This will take a little bit of effort as the ingredients are quite dry and so will stick to the sides a lot. Just keep pushing them back down to the blade and keep the process going until a smooth, dough-like texture is formed. (all the chickpeas and oats should be well blended) I did add a tablespoon of cold water to help the mixture form. Don't be alarmed if your food processor sounds like it's about to die! In the end your mixture should look something like this...hopefully...
- It's important to taste your truffle mixture at this stage..and add more cacao / agave if needed. It should not taste like chickpeas! It should taste more like chocolate than falafel!
- Roll the mixture into medium sized balls and place in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Now make the chocolate covering: Melt the coconut oil in a bowl over hot water
- Whisk in the cacao and agave syrup
- Remove the truffles from the freezer and begin to dip them in the chocolate
7. You can now coat the truffles in whatever you'd like: coconut flakes, chia seeds, cacao powder, etc. I chose to leave mine plain.
8. Pop them back into the freezer for 20 minutes and then transfer them into the fridge and enjoy each and every one!
(I adapted the original recipe from www.keenongreens.com)