It is Friday after all....and time for take out! Just try this if you want to cut the calories and the cost!
All of the ingredients are healthy and nourishing. This is a vegan recipe but you can add chicken if you're not a veggie! It only takes about 20 minutes....enjoy your Friday evening x
Ingredients + Instructions:
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or another oil)
- 1 Can of Light Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Red Curry Paste (I use Thai Taste brand as theirs has no sugar)
- 3 Tbsp Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Zylitol (or brown sugar if you don't have zylitol)
- 400ml veggie stock
- 4 Tbsp Soya Sauce (I use Tamari Soya Sauce)
- Brocolli (washed and broken) Spring Onion (chopped), Corn + Mange Tout (washed)
- Noodles (I use Brown Rice Noodles)
- Heat your oil in a wok.
- Once it's hot pour all the coconut milk into the wok and leave it on a high heat until the milk begins to slightly thicken. (3-4 minutes)
- Turn the heat down a little and add the curry paste and peanut butter and stir it until it's well mixed in with the milk.
- Add the sugar, soya sauce and stock and bring it to the boil. (2-3 minutes)
- Meanwhile cook your noodles according to their instructions (if they're 'add to wok' noodles then you can just wait and bung them into the wok in the end).
- Add the corn, broccoli and mange tout and spring onion to the sauce in the wok and cook on a medium heat for another 4-5 minutes. (If you'd prefer your broccoli to be softer boil it separately and add it to the wok in the end).
- You can add herbs at this point; coriander and basil work well but the dish tastes amazing without them too.
- Add your noodles to the wok, sprinkle with crushed peanuts if you like and serve!